Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.kdnuggets.com
Generally, most organizations have several goals for adopting big data projects. While the primary goal for most organizations is to enhance customer experience, other goals include cost reduction, better targeted marketing and making existing processes more efficient. In recent times, data breaches have also made enhanced security an important goal that big data projects seek to incorporate.
More importantly however, where do you stand when it comes to big data?
You will very likely find that you are either:
- Trying to decide whether there is true value in big data or not,
- Evaluating the size of the market opportunity,
- Developing new services and products that will utilize big data,
- Repositioning existing services and products to utilize big data, or,
- Already utilizing big data solutions